The current Youth Development Program in Area 1C is the culmination of eleven years of efforts to address the need by some parents and players for a program that allows players to develop their skills to a higher level, and participate in a higher level of play while still adhering to AYSO philosophies and avoiding the high fees and exclusionary philosophies of club programs. The YDP program is offered after the conclusion of the regular season and all-star programs for those players who want more soccer at a more competitive level.
This Seasons Program
For 2014, Area 1C is offering a
Blue Flight- This tier is designed to allow Section and Area All Star teams to continue to play and develop together as a team. Each region may enter up to two teams in Tier 1 of each division. If a region enters two teams in the same division, it must make sure that both teams are balanced. Playoffs will be set per the YDP Rules and Regulations. Due to the timing of the season and the conflicts anticipated with different school spring breaks, each team in the Blue Flight can request a weekend of pool play to go “dark” and not have games.
Red Flight- This tier is designed for individual player development of soccer skills and tactics in a less competitive atmosphere. If a region enters two or more teams in the same division, it must make sure that all teams are balanced. No standings will be kept during pool play and all teams will participate in a Tournament at the end of the YDP season to determine a Champion.
First off, thank you for volunteering! As you know, without your efforts, the kids can’t play, and we all appreciate your commitment!
We have scheduled two meetings for YDP Referees at the Region 13 Clubhouse. The first is on Tuesday, March 10 and the second is Thursday, March 12. Both will start at 7:00 p.m. and it is mandatory that all YDP referees attend one of the two meetings. The address of the Region 13 Clubhouse is 711 W. Woodbury Rd, Unit E, Altadena, CA 91001. Food will be served so try to arrive a bit before 7:00 to sign in and eat.
Meetings are designated as follows:
- All U10 and U12 YDP Team Referees, both Blue and Red Flights, 7:00pm, Tuesday, March 10
- All U14, U16, and U19 YDP Team Referees, 7:00pm, Thursday, March 12
- Designations are intended to balance the numbers but you may attend either meeting. There is no need to notify anyone about this, as long as you attend one meeting.
- All U10, U12, and U14 teams have two Team Referees so two referees must attend a meeting.
- U16, and U19 YDP teams have one Team Referee so one referee must attend a meeting.
- Some teams have more than the minimum required number of Team Referees. Although only the minimum number are required to attend, all referees are encouraged to attend a meeting because they are all responsible for the information that will be disseminated.
If you have any questions or have a conflict with both of the meeting dates, please contact the Area Referee Administrator, Scott Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mandatory YDP Coach’s meeting will be held Wednesday, March 11th, at the Region 13 Clubhouse.
Blue Flight & Upper Division: 6 PM
Red Flight: 7:15 PM
Coaches: Please make sure you have a team representative attend if you are unable to make it
Referees please use following link to check your assignments and to report scores and conduct.
Referee Link – http://schedule.ayso1c.org/